10/10/10

Fathering My First Two Boys and Beyond

This picture was year ago. My life has changed, has been fed and nourished, grown...

My life as a father has flourished since then...but the bond between us has always been tight: it has only grown with the growth of our family.

As a father my life is focusing. It truly is the greatest gift. I don't care if you believe in God or not, or if you believe in nothing. Parenting, as I know it, is the greatest joy and the greatest mountain to climb.


My kids are a hell of a lot of fun and a true pack of pain in the asses. I love them with my whole being.

I've been a dad to these two guys through life, death, single-parenting, and life again. I've had big ups as a father and disappointments in myself.
There wasn't a thing in me that wanted Aidan and Owen to be sad over a thing when we it was just us.

I could truly laugh at some of the decisions I made as a father back when and I could truly cry if I hadn't moved on. I was out of my right mind for sure.

If I bought Aidan a Superhero at the mall and he wanted two...well he often got them both...I dressed Owen till he was too old...The list is long and shocking...

I like looking back at my life now and seeing where we have traveled in our lives...I like learning the right decisions to make regarding my children...Fathering is man's work...I've got plenty bricks to build...

This picture is a trail to the beach at the Outer Banks in North Carolina...They were misery on the walk...later in that day is the picture of Owen running
at the bottom of The Story of Owen in my blog archive...match the bathing suits...

During my single days in Vermont we took trips into nature daily...We often went to lakes and rivers...I love the water...I am deeply moved by the currents of nature...

After losing that sense to be wondered by things in the natural world for a while, I have become more aware of the pure blessing that this life and the energy of living truly is...What it means to be alive, and to give life, and provide for it is what it means to be a father, which is to grow into an ambassador of life and all things living and good...I love that life mimmicks the greatest poetry...

These little French fries and I have been through it, and I won't ever trade my life for anything...I write on for these boys...the boys I have loved, raised, messed up, nourished, dropped, farted on, and just plain gushed over since it began...

Fathering is the greatest subject I will never master...I want to be the greatest father...I love the Dad word...The word Dad is like a fist pump from above...I love that my family burst into a garden...

New life and new love pervaded my life when I moved back home to New Jersey...A girl came into my life, with her 13 year old son, then another smaller girl popped up too...Life has gotten clear again...I feel the wind now and know the currents of water...

I know life itself can not be trusted and has no obligation to us...I know I have an obligation to life...

Since Aidan was born my obligation has grown by 400%...So has my heart...I love loving my family...I give thanks for what has been blessed upon me...

If this wasn't fake space I would pass out water guns and yell fight...Please follow this blog by hitting the many follow buttons I have...and madly click the share buttons...We want fans in our lives...

This post is dedicated to the wonderful expansion of my family and my life.

3 comments:

  1. And to think, you were only recently promoted to Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time you post a photo of Holly, I am struck by how much she resembles a Botticelli Venus. I'm sure you have noticed the resemblance.

    I'm glad you're in a good place, and I'm glad you're writing.

    ReplyDelete