10/13/10

Caymus Escaped

I will get to the title of this post in a minute...

Hello Caymus...he's here now and an integral part of our lives...I don't know if he knows this is his new home yet, but he has taken to following me around when I walk through the house...

I'm liking the idea of this dog growing on me...

Today was a day of three of us for the bulk of the afternoon...Caymus, me, and Jules...

The day didn't quite start off quiet or cute...

I promised the adventures of Caymus would make it into this blog...so Caymus made every effort for you to not be disappointed...in fact I only put a picture of Jules here to rest my blood pressure as I recount the details...

Aidan & Owen's bus pulled into the driveway...they opened the door to leave...my first day with my new dog and beautiful daughter was about to begin WHEN...

Caymus pulled a b-line out the door and down the street...
I chased and yelled CAYMUS! and he ran too...I walked...he stopped...I got close...he took off...

I'm not in shape...Caymus let me know how bad too...

To his credit he had business to take care of...his first stop was the front yard three houses down...to take a shit...

Mom and daughter are there to witness, as she points and yells "look mom."

awkward moment ensues with me, out of breath already, panting "sorry, I'll clean that up."

I guarantee the shit is still there...

Caymus unloads and moves on fast...he thinks I'm a joke...he won't even acknowledge my calls to him...he insults my "speed" with his speed...

I chase him around one house, yard and all, three times...then he does a 2 second 40yard dash, leaving me with a heart attack...

Enter beautiful Holly...ATTENTION: this is the explosive climax...(always a climax when Holly's around)

So she comes round with the truck...Caymus laughs at her beckons...She pulls up so I don't have to run anymore...I go to hop in, and she tears off before I get in...I feel like a rag doll...

I get out to call Caymus... he runs...

Caymus love watch stupid human be stupid...

So I jump in the car again...Holly takes off before I land...again...now I feel like Andy from fucking Raggedy-Ann and Andy...

I am so annoyed by the day that I jump out of the car and slam the door...

Shot Gun goes off...I mean the side door window explodes!!! Trust me...a $200 dollar hole in my wallet will burn my ass tomorrow...

blog post tomorrow with step by step instructions on how to replace side window for Dodge Dakota...photos included...

Here's the funniness of it all...Caymus was free...

His owner loved him very much, but under certain circumstances he couldn't keep him...He just wanted a good home for him...

He found our loving home...we were happy to find him...

Caymus is no longer free...he is $200 plus tax in frustration fees...


I wouldn't trade him for the world though...he's awesome and sweet...he's quiet...smooth and beautiful...he's Caymus the Bad-Ass, that made dumb human cough up stupidity and cash...FML and I love it!!!

Caymus is home...safe and sound...till the next time...

3 comments:

  1. OMG! THAT WAS HYSTERICAL! I'm sorry for the early morning drama, but GREAT READ! You are awesome at this Matt, truly! From tears to laughter in every other blog. I'm so happy to be able to read into your world on a daily basis!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps - the pics of Jules get cuter & cuter!!! and love the one of the kiddos and the pupps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this one Matt!! :) Welcome to the joys of being owned by a dog :)

    ReplyDelete